Sunday, November 14, 2010

Panaracer Urban Max 32c Review

You would think that a 17 mile commute down Mountain Highway through towns such as Elk Plain would be a fun and scenic ride....but you'd be wrong.

While the area I live in may have been fertile and serene farm land at one time, it is now overrun with mobile housing, meth addicts and hicks.
Well....it's a small town, so I'm sure the hicks have always been here.
While the roads are generally in good condition, the shoulders and bike lanes through Spanaway are strewn with man eating potholes, glass, gravel, used needles and general Pacific northwest trash.

Only in Spanaway. What a classy town!
That all being said, I look for battle tough tried and true tires so I don't have to fix flats at 5AM in the dark and the rain.

I've run Panaracer tires on my commuter bikes on and off for about 10 years now. They are a viable, budget friendly alternative to Continental Gator Skins.

Not  as supple or performance oriented as the Contis, the new Panaracer Urban Max tires seem to be pretty bomb proof thus far. I'm running 32c on my Redline 925 fixie. They roll through the trash, absorb the potholes and ride like big, cushy balloon tires. They are certainly heavy and loud, but I'm willing to accept those downfalls so I don't have to sit in the parking lot of the Dollar Tree picking glass or heroin needles out of my tubes.

I'll give you guys an update in a few months after I've gotten more miles under the belts.

No comments:

Post a Comment