Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lights, UFOs and Coffins

One of the smart ass sales guys at work sarcastically inquired as to if I had enough lights on my bike. After  debating whether or not to piss in his coffee, I realized that non-cyclists don't think about things like being seen.

You have lights on your motorcycle and on your car, so why wouldn't I have lights on my bike?
I ride 17 miles each way to work and back. This time of year, it's generally dark during my commute.

I need to see where the hell I'm going. I also need to make sure that all the idiots on the roads can see me.  If three taillights, a pair of headlight and SpokeLits are too many lights, then I'm guilty.Wouldn't be the first time I'd been charged with a crime.
Even with all those lights, I still almost get hit on a daily basis.

Does it look dorky?
Yep.
But I'd rather look stupid than look at the inside of a pine box.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment